Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Me & My Mommy

This afternoon Carrie got the chance to hold Elliot for 1 hour. Thanks Team Dartmouth!


What an wonderful afternoon....after 10 long days we were able to get Elliot out of his incubator and hold him.  It took about 10 minutes for all of the nurses to get him settled and then he and I were off for an entire hour of bonding.  They told me that once he was placed on my chest it would heat to keep him warm, it was an amazing experience.  We sat together for an hour, both so peaceful and quiet.  He had the best numbers all day when he and I were bonding so it was a great experience for both of us.  They will let BJ and I do this once a day for an hour, so we will alternate times so Elliot will get used to the both of us, BJ is counting down the hours until his turn!  A successful day 10! 

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww. Adorbs. xoxo (DC) Auntie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to hold your precious baby! They really do steal your heart away - enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Picture of both of u brought tears to my eyes. Love mom

    ReplyDelete